- Direct from the farmer, paddock to plate.
- Grown in Victoria's Otway Ranges.
- Free ranged and grass fed. No lot feeding, no grain or genetically modified stock feeds and no growth hormones.
- Emphasis on stress minimisation and humane livestock handling.
- Environmentally sustainable. We border the Great Otway National Park and 25% of our farm is remnant forest, with revegetated shelter belts and waterways. This is beneficial for the care of livestock and wildlife and also importantly, for water quality.
- We maintain a low and sustainable stocking rate. We also avoid chemical inputs and prioritise the use organic fertilisers.
- Otway Prime is proud to be an accredited producer and member of the Victorian Farmer's Market Association (VFMA).
Otway Prime was established early in 2008 to cater to the growing consumer awareness about the importance of sustainable farming practices, the need to maintain the highest standards of animal welfare and the benefits of local, seasonal, premium quality produce.
We produce quality livestock that are unconfined and free range. We do not lot feed, grain feed or use any other genetically modified stock feeds and we do not use growth hormones.
We strongly believe in the ethical treatment of animals and we prioritise animal welfare issues and stress minimisation. We are similarly committed to producing clean, wholesome, natural beef and lamb and we personally manage the supply chain to ensure our customers receive the highest quality produce.
We are different because we are genuinely accountable for our produce from the paddock to the plate. We don't take shortcuts. Young, well bred cattle are locally sourced, then grown out and finished on our farm. Our genuine seasonal lamb is sourced from like-minded farmers in the region.
We personally handle all transport and our livestock are never mixed with non herd or flock members at any stage. We also oversee the production process so that it adheres to the highest standards of animal welfare practices. The meat produced is then traditionally aged on the bone, before cutting to your preference, cryocvac packing and delivering to your door, in person and by mutual arrangement with you.
We have established a unique and sophisticated network of highly skilled professionals - from breeders and backgrounders, to processors and butchers who provide us with a customised service. These professionals work closely with us to deliver a truly superior product. By supervising every aspect of the farming, transport and production process, Otway Prime has the ability to deliver our customers a product which is consistently of the highest quality. You will taste the difference.
Infact, we are so confident in the quality and integrity of our products that we offer a full refund or exchange if our customers are not totally satisfied.